Saturday, October 15, 2016

Today's busy-ness

I finished my painting (except for the upstairs bathroom which can wait) but the guys were giving it on the fencing. Today was all about building the braces for the corners and where the gates are going to be hung.
The ratchets will be handy for tightening after the horses stretch everything out. Tess and Reba agree.

Coffee break, looking out from the barn door.
Now the braces are all done and we can start stringing the wire on Monday. Tomorrow, we rest... sort of. We are going to price out some lumber for building shelters, and maybe sand one patch where Ted had to fix the drywall. And maybe move some of the outdoor stuff! Starting to get excited now that the end is in sight! I hope to be able to get the horses moved out there this week. 

6 comments:

lisa said...

You sure have had lots of things happening. The house is going to look just great, and lots of room for the family (horses and humans), Just wonderful.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are getting closer to moving! I am excited for you! :)

aurora said...

Wow you guys are on the move! I can feel the excitement!!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

There is always a lot of excitement and a sense of fulfillment in building or rebuilding a new place to call home. My hubby and I have been talking about selling out in Colorado and buying a 2nd place in Arizona. Up in the mountains, so I have a place to get the heck out of the summer heat in the valley. But seeing all of the work you are doing, I am reminded of how much time and effort it takes and I am not entirely sure that I am up to building/rebuilding another property.

C-ingspots said...

I agree, very exciting! All that work seems more difficult as the years go by, whereas I try to keep in mind that anything worth having, is worth the effort.
So happy for you!

Shirley said...

BEC- do it now, before you get older and the work is harder. I retire at the end of this year, and this should be our forever home. Ted isn't in the best of health (heavy smoker) so the long days are taking their toll on us- but well worth it in the long run. We had a place 16 years ago that we put this much effort into, but the work situation didn't pan out so we had to leave that area. We both agree that we aren't leaving here, no matter what.