Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Hey, hay!

Finally got all my hay here, thanks to my husband and a couple of his buddies- one with a hauling truck and one with a tractor big enough to lift these 1200 lb. bales. Had to go buy a couple more tarps! With snow in the forecast for the next week it's perfect timing to get this done. So now I have 20 of these big square bales. With 5 horses I go through one in 11 days, so this should last 220 days, so this will last until about the end of July, which is right about when next year's first cut is baled and ready.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Yay for hay....we just got our last two loads in too.

luvmyhrs said...

Oh the days when 1200 lb would last 11 days..... I feed roughly 1100 lb a day here, so those 20 bales wouldn't even get me by for a month.... Kinda miss those days LOL

Linda said...

Just in time! It's a great relief when the hay arrives!

aurora said...

Bet you are glad to check this off your list!