The plan is to customise it into my cowgirl getaway. It overlooks the mare pens so a great spot to watch foals playing... when they finally arrive!
Here are some photos of where we are starting from.
The entrance to the barn (faces east) with my tack area and the second beam is where Ted opened up the first tie stall to make more room. The plan is to put tar paper up and build an inside wall so I can install my saddle stand and get proper hooks up for halters and bridles. Here is another view, with the stall loaded with the previous stuff in behind it:
The metal thing on the floor is my saddle rack, the cabinet is a hand made rustic one for holding all the stuff that is currently sitting on top of it.
The 3 cleaned out tie stalls. At the back is a good sized room that I use for small square bales and storing my barrels and seasonal stuff.
I had Beamer in there the other day, it was before I had the aisle cleaned up so he had to consider it for a while before he stepped in.

5 comments:
When we built the barn we still had logging horses... The tie stalls were put in for the teams. But over the years they taught their fair share of youngsters patients!!! I sure miss that barn since moving out here.... I would put in tie stalls in ANY barn I built again hands down!
I love how stout and solid you built it Tara. We will probably have to replace the boards right where the horses step in to the barn, but other than that it's good!
Im so jealous I wish I had a barn. Oh one day I will be able so saddle inside and ride inside would be ideal too
Love old barns, they have so much character! It will be fun adding your own flair to it.
Post a Comment