She leads well when I am leading her beside mama, so now it is all about leading her away from mama. A little at a time! She did good, and let me pick up all 4 feet. I hold by the toe and circle the leg in little circles before I set it down.
I also picked up a mare/foal ration to start her on. It will probably take a while before she acquires a taste for it.
Meanwhile..... Belle is really looking close to foaling. I am pretty sure it will be this month, not next month. So it's foal watch time again! I'm not going to run a foaling contest for her because there are too many variables, not knowing if she caught to the stud she was AI'd to (vet said no) or the one she was kicked out to pasture with. We will know by the colour!!!!
She is really heavy and has lots of swelling in her milk veins. I trimmed her hind feet the other day, and she could barely hold them up; I trim her with the foot almost resting on the ground.
Please be a filly!!!!!
9 comments:
Love that you are working with Mesa at such a young age!! So many put them out to pasture and do little to nothing with them. Makes a huge difference, in my opinion. Belle looks good, and big! It's been a year full of fillies, hope that holds true for your second one.
Thats one big belly, I bet she hopes it is soon too.
And Mesa shes so adorable :)
Yep, she's big! That will be fun to have another foal running around. Mesa will happy to have a playmate, I'm sure. I love that you're doing so much with her. Whoever is lucky enough to get her someday will appreciate that the foundation is solid.
Fascinating to see what you're doing with the horses. It must be so rewarding! Blessings to Bella and Mesa and the future foal!
Aw, what the heck. Do another poll :-D. Most of us were just guessing anyway ;-).
Hi Jade, welcome to my blog!
Twins maybe? Both Fillys!! :)
Sending the Filly Fairy your way with all my might!
so exciting! Hoping for a filly for you!
Thank you my friend for your support and kindness after my loss of Johnny. It is so heartening that even though I have slacked on blogging, this wonderful group of friends are still here for me
Post a Comment