Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Blogger visit!

Tumbleweed got to meet a Very Important Person today.


He was being his normal sweet self....


Some of you may recognise this lady- She is Linda from Beautiful Mustang blog. I live nearly 3 hours from her, and she decided that she needed to come and meet this li'l cutey. I have wanted to meet her for years now as she lives so close, and today was the day! I love meeting other bloggers, it's like meeting an old friend.
Of course the visit started with paying attention to Mr. Handsome himself.


We had a really good visit, it was nice to also meet one of her friends who came along. We swapped stories, and spent some time in my hideout away from the heat of the day.


More time playing with Tumbleweed,



and her decision was made. At weaning time, Tumbleweed will be heading south to one of the best homes I could wish for him. He's a lucky boy!
And of course we will all be able to follow his progress on her blog. 

5 comments:

WendyFromNY said...

That is so cool! What a neat visit. I am so glad we can watch Tumbleweed grow up, he is a lovely little guy.

Linda said...

Oh Shirley, it was so great to finally meet you yesterday! I’ve followed your blog for years, and I felt like I knew all your horses intimately. I’ve also admired your work with the horses and your understanding and heart towards them. I knew if Beamer could inspire such love from you he MUST be special, and he was. I was also drawn to Rosalee from your earliest stories about her. I wanted to meet Tumbleweed, but my mind had really already been made up. I just knew he would be special. I’m looking forward to coming over this summer and visiting you and Tumbleweed ! And I loved your getaway!! We all need a getaway like that.

Linda said...

And Thumper, your big beautiful cat, is pretty special, too! 😍 I’m sure he’s who we were talking about in that picture.

Kurious Kim said...

Opps! I posted my comment on the wrong day the first time :-)

The best part, Linda, is that you will be getting a well behaved colt trained by a loving hand. Shirley, you do an amazing job starting the youngins!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wonderful! I have not read her blog but perhaps I will check it out! So happy he will have a good home:)