Gotta love those Beamer babies! This is Kai, the full brother to Rio and Nitro. They are all 3 proving to be handy, versatile and dependable horses. Exactly what I wanted in my breeding program.
Beamer is going to be 17 in July, so there won't be a whole lot more of his babies on the ground unless I get in some outside mares.
Rosalee is getting close, she now has colostrum, but is a few days away from foaling I think- but she could surprise me yet! Foal watch continues.
Baby has dropped some. This is a photo from 3 days ago:
and today when I looked at her from behind, could hardly see her belly.
Got in a couple more schooling rides on Gussie. She is improving with every ride. I am getting better circles, she is staying in frame longer, and not diving with her front end quite as much. I think she could use another body work session as she gets accustomed to using all those body parts that were out of shape.
I see a big improvement in her neck, the muscles in front of her withers have filled out and strengthened. I am really enjoying riding her too, and we are both happy at the end of the ride. I took her to the pond and let her play a bit after our last ride. It's getting too deep to cross now without getting the saddle all wet.
Riding day 25 & 26
3 comments:
The link to Kia didn't work for me. Looks like you might have a foal this week so exciting:)
Hmmm the link is on Facebook, I'll see if I can get a copy sent to me and fix that.
It will be a shame when Beamer will have to retire! He is a wonderful looking horse!
Post a Comment