Thursday, February 14, 2019

Snow much fun!

Well my o my did we get snow! In the course of 12 hours we got about 20 inches. Lots of shovelling!

Fortunately it wasn't too cold to go with all that white stuff.  Beamer was hiding out...

No photo description available.

and the mares were frolicking!



 Drifter was covered in snow, but dry underneath all that thick fur. 


I think Ice was tasting snowflakes ! 


The next day it was beautiful sunshine! All the horses were snoozing in the sunshine, and the icicles had melted off their fur.


Even the cats decided that the pathways that I shovelled were worth venturing out on. 


Today was gorgeous, nice and warm. 


Beamer agreed.... 

Shayla and I went for a ride on Rose and Gussie. Little Goose came along too.


I'm sure it was a workout for that little dog bounding through all  that snow but it sure didn't tire her out! Both mares behaved themselves and we had a thoroughly enjoyable ride. 




I sure hope we can ride again tomorrow, it was so much fun today! At the end of the ride, Shayla and Rose did some snow writing. 



Riding day 11

6 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

How beautiful and fun :-D.

M said...

You look lovely in Western wear. :)

Linda said...

You’re having the BEST winter with all that riding!! That photo of Ice is a work of art!! Mystical against turquoise. Is Drifter shedding at all? T is shedding and getting a lanky look to him.

Shirley said...

Drifter is not shedding yet- well, a few hairs but man does he ever have thick fur! It'll take months to get it off!

aurora said...

Wonderful, all of it, including the snow! Nothing like snowy photos!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Rose that was just perfect, what a pretty day:)