
Her udder isn't quite full yet, but her milk veins are large and she could easily fill in a matter of hours.

Tonight I start foal watch. I always start well beforehand so that she gets used to me popping in and out of the trailer and shining the flashlight at her. I have been putting her in the foaling pen in the evening and letting her out with the mares during the day, but starting tomorrow she will be staying in the foaling pen. She seems happy and relaxed in there; she knows the routine. Gussie always keeps an eye on her, hanging out at the fenceline and visiting with her bff.
I strung electric fence all along the top of Drifter's pen as Mesa has been coming up to the fence and bugging visiting him. They both got a little zap today so hopefully she will back off. And I need Drifter to learn to respect fences. So far he has been really good but a little jolt will make him more respectful.
His training is coming along really well, here's a little video of the end of a short session on the longe line.
9 comments:
I doubt I'm going to win :D
Exciting! can't wait to see what she produces this time. That good mare does make some spectacular babies!
Anticipation!!
Sweet boy...smart as a whip like all your babies!
So exciting!! I can't remember what I predicted yet, but I hope I'm still in the running.
Drifter is doing very well on the line. It's fun to watch him since the boys are the exact same age. He does appear to be much bigger boned than our little Tweed. Tweed also prefers to do a nice little western lope on the line--to trotting. I find that interesting, as he's exactly opposite of Leah in that respect.
And speaking of, he also got zapped by the electric the other day. He put his nose right on it, and you could hear the zap. It sent the whole herd running off, and he had a new appreciation.
I'm heading out there now to play with him.
Saying prayers for you, mama, and baby during this time!
Oh, I'm so proud of your baby! He's doing really, really well! I love everything to do with the youngins...they are so much fun! And, I'm TOTALLY jealous of you expecting a new foal. I love everything about pregnancy and foaling - except the worrying. Prayers instead gma, prayers instead. :)
Bless the mommas.
Hope all goes well for Belle:)
Ok, so i got the date and time wrong! :D My next guess is April 6th at 3am same guess as to cold, and so forth :)
er.. colt, even! :D
Post a Comment