Friday, March 8, 2019

It's that time again!

320 days is the standard for days gestation for a viable foal. Today, Belle is 320 days. So far, she is her usual bigasahouse self, but no hint of bagging up.
She was bred on April 22 last year. I usually determine a due date of 343 days.... give or take a week or two! That would put her due date at March 31.  Belle has a history of going anywhere from 11 months 5 days to 11 months 20 days.

So- it's foaling contest time!
You pick: Gender, colour, date and time of birth.
To assist in colour choice, these are the only possible colours according to Belle and Beamer's colour genes:

Please note that Bay and Brown will be considered the same genetically at this time. 
So far, this match has produced 2 bays ( Sparkle and Nitro), 2 smokey black (Rio and Kai) and possibly 1 black (Stella Belle, who wasn't colour tested).

So- have a little fun with it! I will put a list on the sidebar for reference once I get a few guesses. Up for grabs will be some Diamond Lazy H swag- for sure a ball cap and maybe some other stuff too.

18 comments:

Kurious Kim said...

I've got to go with April 1! Black filly (fingers crossed for you Shirley), 4:22 a.m. And, just for fun, two white back socks haha.

whisper_the_wind said...

I'll go with a smoky black colt on March 21st at 1:21 am

Emily in NC

Betsy in WI said...

My guess is buckskin filly, April 5, 5 am. One white foot in front. Star.

Betsy in WI

Linda said...

March 27 2:00 am buckskin colt

M said...

early morning,(2AM TO 4AM) march 29th smoky black colt.

M said...

Belle produces more colts than filly's. so my guess is colt :)

Shirley said...

M- I put your time guess at 3 am. Let me know if you are ok with that.

M said...

3 is good.

Nat D said...

Under the full moon on March 20 at 2:30 am. It shall be a smoky black filly with a small sock on the back left leg, and a snip on the nose.

Sarah said...

Black filly born on April 4 at 11:30pm (so you get to sleep).
I'm never good at these guessing games but whatever Belle and Beamer have, it's garunteed to get special and beautiful!

WendyFromNY said...

Hahaha, bigasahouse!!!

Two Blondes and an Appy said...

April 8th 3:30am smoky black filly

aurora said...

Smoky Black Colt on April 11 at 1:11am

Far Side of Fifty said...

filly April 10 5 AM Black

Nat D said...

New time : on March 24 at 2:30 am. It shall be a smoky black filly with a small sock on the back left leg, and a snip on the nose

Far Side of Fifty said...

I thought I had guessed. Black filly, April 10 5AM

C-ingspots said...

April 6, 2019 9:34 pm under a clear sky. Bay filly with a star.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

April 9 is a good day for a smoky black filly. Wee hours of the morning