Sunday, June 16, 2019

Progress

(See previous post to see why this is a big deal )


Today, we had major improvement. There are, in actuality, 3 issues I am dealing with here, and I am hoping that by starting with Sparkle accepting being saddled, and maybe even liking being saddled.... !!!....that the pulling back issue will fix itself, but I think I have to get her over her aversion to things touching her. She needs a lot of desensitization, but I refuse to do it to the point of numbness; I want her thinking things through and not just terrorizing her into accepting those scary things. Because, after all, when I ride, I am trusting my horse with my life.


3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow she was better with no halter or lead rope. You can tell she is thinking and wants to please you:)

Kurious Kim said...

WOOHOO! You, my dear friend, have an amazing way with horses - young and old. Many people would get impatient and frustrated and give up, just accepting that they have a troublesome mount. I think your efforts deserve a glass of wine tonight!

Shirley said...

Kim I'll drink to that!