Saturday, August 3, 2019

Eli update

I said goodbye to Sparkle today, and I hope that wherever she ends up she will get a chance to sparkle and shine for whoever is lucky enough to get her.

Eli's owner came over yesterday, and we did a run to North 40 in Sandpoint where she bought farrier supplies and I got some dewormer and rope for making halters. Then we spent some quality time with Eli, culminating in getting his front feet trimmed. I wish I could say he was good, but he did protest quite a bit; but with persistence he got done. He was really kicky with his back feet and that earned him some discipline and some work until he decided that maybe, just maybe, it was easier for him to let us pick up his back feet. So that is what I will be working on before her next visit.

Here are some cute photos of them, you can see that Mel is quite smitten with him.

 

You can tell she is a farrier, those are strong arms!


Eli is almost all shed out now. His tail will keep a lot of that light colour mixed with the black, just like big brother Rio. In fact he is a lot like Rio.
I told her she is going to have to teach him to bow so he will be easier to get on to ride! 12. 2 at the hip at only 3 and 1/2 months old....

4 comments:

M said...

He sure is a nice looking colt!

lytha said...

Repeating what M said. As are all your homebreds. Correct and workmanlike. Thanks for the Sparkle update. I was wondering after all your work on her. Your crystal clear river is reminiscent of home, the Cedar River.

Far Side of Fifty said...

She is a lucky gal getting a colt from you:)

Far Side of Fifty said...

I forgot to comment about the puppies....Hope you have puppies any day now and that all goes well:)