
The pup is getting quite mobile, and as soon as she wakes up I take her outside to pee, which works quite well. Hopefully she will be easy to train to not go in the house.
I finally got to ride again. I put one of those Equine Streamz bands on my ankle and within 24 hours I had so much relief! Not 100% but good enough to go riding today.
Come for a little ride with me! Gussie was a little lazy going out, she has had it pretty easy this summer so I decided to challenge her a bit. We rode down to the river at a spot that has an easy crossing.
Picture me with my camera in one hand and my split reins and a willow switch in the other hand trying to urge Gussie across! We got it done with much urging, she was reluctant to cross that rocky bottom river.
On the other side is a very steep hill, with spectacular views half way up and at the top. The half way up video wasn't worth sharing, too shaky, but here is the view from the top:
I think Gussie enjoyed the view as much as I did.

Or maybe she was just drooling over the equine buffet spread out before her......
At the top of the hill there are a couple of apple trees growing wild, so I grabbed a snack for me and Gussie.

On the way back I figured she would be a little more inclined to cross the river; sure enough!
We wound our way through the cool and welcome shade of the trees on the way back.

I love this horse so much! It's always a joy to ride her and I feel so at home on her.
Riding day 57
4 comments:
you see why she is my favorite horse! :)
Love your bridle!
So glad you have your heart horse! I also like your doggie family:)
What a great horse and great river crossing. You are lucky to have a girl like that. Very brave to put your camera at risk though! LOL.
Post a Comment