Friday, September 6, 2019

Riding a good horse and Tillie stuff

One last trip to the river before the cool fall days are upon us.


Oh yes, Beamer was walking well enough to ride him and I was pretty happy to get on my boy! I love how he strides out and enjoys every ride. Shayla rode Gussie, we were both bareback in the hopes that we could get them into the deep water.
Gussie was good! Shayla did get her out in the deep water, but Beamer wouldn't stand still enough for me to get good photos as I had to zoom in . He was quite certain that he didn't need to go any more than knee deep in the water!

Silly mare!
Love how you can see Goose through Gussie's legs


I am not getting much riding time now that I have the puppy, she does take up a lot of my time. I try to get things done while she has her midday nap, as I don't have her in a place where she is contained other than her open crate which she can now climb out of. I take her outside a lot, and have to supervise her now that she is mobile. Trying to keep her from eating my plants is an ongoing battle! She is into everything!


She is eating a small handful of soaked puppy chow every day now, and is she ever growing fast. She's a smart little thing considering that she isn't quite a month old (Monday Sept. 9 she will be 1 month.)


Riding day 58

2 comments:

Linda said...

Puppies do take a lot of our time! She is such a sweetie, and I can tell she has your heart. Beamer probably LOVED going on that ride with you. I know how it feels to be out there with our heart horses. Nothing beats it.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Tillie is so darn cute! What fun for you! :)