
Gussie is starting to show her age a bit, she is 17 this year. She is such a rock steady horse for me; I even took my Nikon camera riding yesterday, hung the camera bag off the saddle horn because I trust her not to do anything silly like slam me into a tree. We had a short ride because I tried out a saddle pad combo that wasn't working; as I rode it slid back a bit and was digging into her. It was a thin neoprene pad that had extra padding where the bars of the saddle sit. I had it under my Diamond Wool pad. I did get a couple of nice mountain photos from her back!
I zoomed in for this one
A longer view featuring our house. Yes that's a house, not a barn!
I am really looking forward to some big trail rides this summer. I don't have any particular places planned as a lot of it will depend on who I have to ride with, but there is a lot of country here that I'd like to explore, and plenty of places that I can haul to. Also in my plans is to buy a set of Cavallo hoof boots for Gussie. I ride barefoot, but I like to have the option of boots if the ground is too jagged.
Belle is due to foal any time from the 3rd week of April to the middle of May. She was bred May 18 & 19 last year. She is getting big as per usual!
She is in awesome shape considering she is 16 this year and is on her 10th foal. She is so easy to handle, easy to breed and foals easily. All broodmares should be like her!
Bff's.
Riding day 2
5 comments:
Wow, look at those mountains - what a beautiful setting!! You live in such a pretty area, no wonder you are looking forward to exploring on horseback. 12 years is a long time to blog, and you are consistent at it too. I love your blog posts, and your photography. Looks like Miss Gussie gave herself a good ol' mud treatment, in that last precious photo. Your girls are so sweet!!
Those mountain photos are absolutely stunning! Wow! Looking forward to foal photos when the time comes. Talk about a great broodmare!
I miss the Cascades so much. But love to see you have a grungy chestnut, after just complaining to a friend, "Your horse is a chestnut, the cleanest color of them all!" : ) I'm happy you are able to enjoy both your good trail horses. Looking forward to your adventures this year.
Thank you for posting that picture of a muddy horse. I will do so now.
Your Mountains are so beautiful! Congratulations on 12 years of blogging! I appreciate you and all your critters so I hope you blog a long time:)
Congratulations on 12 years. Looks like you have me beat by about 3 weeks. Keep up the good work, always interesting.
Post a Comment