
I used to hang my hammock between those 2 trees and enjoy the shade from their canopy and the view of the mountains on a hot summer afternoon. Sigh.
But that wasn't the worst of it. See that trailer behind the tree? Our neighbour lives there and he has a good view of the horse pens; he called and told us the horse shelter was down. Of course I panicked thinking I was going to have injured horses so I rushed down there and was so relieved to see all 3 of them walk to me with not a scratch on them. They were calm too.
The shelter on the other hand, is a goner.

I could see hoof marks on what used to be the roof, and horsey nose squiggles; Drifter had to inspect!
Totally flattened! (Can I say yay?) Now I will finally get a real shelter instead of a makeshift one! Ted may have someone who will take the remnants of this one to build a pig barn.
For now, I have moved them into the foaling area where they can have shelter and enough room until we can get this mess cleaned up.
4 comments:
Wow that must have been some wind! So glad the horses are okay:)
Sorry for your damage. Glad the horses are ok though. Love the song in the title.
Wow! That had to have been some bad wind. You got the brunt of it. Yes, I know all about silver linings with my trailer mishap. As my body heals up everyone keeps saying, But you got a new trailer. I had a favorite tree that blew over some years back, a birch. I brought some of the big branches in and set them inside my house. It felt like I lived in a tree. The biggest is still anchored on my wall, over my piano.
Seriously every storm we have here I think of your property, how Beemer's shelter let its foundation years ago. It freaks me out, cuz we didn't use our "Earth Nails" (??) to drive our shelter into the earth with metal rams.
We keep having these storms (after having paid to have 30 trees cleared, we have a new surprise, another huge Fir has fallen, ugh!).
And I always say a prayer, Lord let the structures stay, or at least, the important ones containing the animals! And thankfully after these last few storms of 2020, God heard my prayer. My animals are here.
My wooden fence needs serious help though. Wooden horse fence is not able to withstand windstorms.
Post a Comment