Sunday, May 10, 2020

All about the young 'uns.

Moondance has had a couple of halter lessons; I usually do this in the evening at feeding time.

Letting him  see, sniff and feel this new thing before putting it on him.

It's on, now what?

Good boy, Moondance!
The halter sessions will go on until I can catch him in the open, lead him first with mama and then by himself, then I will turn Belle and baby out in the main pen with Gussie and stick Drifter in the smaller foal pen/run.

Yesterday was kids day at the farm. The word is out that there is a new foal here and some folks brought children over. This young lady is an avid horse person already, she came over with her grandma to meet Moondance....


 and as a bonus got a little ride on his daddy Beamer.


Later in the day another family came with their two daughters and twin sons, and  while they were happy to see Moondance they were happier to get to ride!
Once again, Beamer got the call....


but they had their eye on Gussie too, so I brought her out  and Gus was happy to graze while the little ones sat on her. 

Yes, ones, as in more than one....


3 at once in fact! They all enjoyed their horse time, and that is a big part of why I do what I do- the future is always in the children, so lets get them loving on horses from the start!


4 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

Awwww, so perfect :-)

Linda said...

That's awesome! All of it--the lessons and the young ones coming over. It sure brings back memories of two years ago when you first started teaching Tumbleweed to lead.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Way to go start them young! Moondance is looking good...Belle is so patient when you are working with him:)

aurora said...

Moondance?!! Apparently I've been MIA for a while, and Belle had her baby. I am off to catch up on your newest addition. Love that you are sharing your horses with kiddos!