Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Pink Moon

The pink Moon was not so pink, rather a more golden hue. Last night in my foal watch cabin, I woke up around 11:30 to the moon shining in my window.


Not the best photo as you can see I moved when the shutter clicked but it shows the colour the moonglow put in the clouds. I hopped out of my comfy cot to check on Jayne and get more moon shots.


The clouds were rolling across the moon, and in the next photo....


it looks like God's eye, keeping watch with me.

Later around 4 am the moon was still up and worthy of another attempt at a good clear just-past-full moon.


Or two....



Foal watch continues, both here and in Alberta. It looks like Jayne and Belle are at about the same stage in gestation so it will be interesting to see who foals first!

6 comments:

lytha said...

It was beautiful two nights in a row here: ) I was actually able to sleep, which is new.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I saw it when I was on my way to bed, we had clouds in an out too...ours was not pink either:)

aurora said...

We were totally socked in with clouds. Hoping for clear skies during the full moon in May.

Linda said...

Oh wow. So beautiful. Sure would have been nice to have foaled under that moon.

cdncowgirl said...

Beautiful moon shots!

Darn it tho9ugh Jayne, I had you guessed for a full moon foal lol

TeresaA said...

There's nothing like a full moon in the middle of the night. Sometimes I walk up to the of my hill and just stand there looking at the moon and breathing in the night air.