Autumn is slow to arrive here. The trees ae just barely starting to turn, the grass has decided that it is going to green up again, and most of my flowers are either reblooming or are still going strong.
Even the horses are not showing much sign of new hair growth- just a hint of shedding on Dally, and Beamer's hair in the mornings is a bit fluffed up.
We haven't had a heavy frost yet either- just a hint on the windshield of the truck a few mornings ago.
So for this week's challenge, this is all I have to offer- the sunflowers from the earliest part of the summer are drying up and the chickadees and a few other types of birds are happily munching on them. There are still plenty of them that are still yellow and still growing though.
7 comments:
Pretty. We haven’t started to change here yet either.
we sure aren't getting autumn. the summer was too long, too hot. don't think we're going to get much of a fall, or winter. it'll probably stay green all year until next heat dome hits. sigh....🙄
I’m seeing leaves change here, but it’s a rare tree doing it. The rain we had sure felt like Autumn. Shiloh’s baby shower was held during it, with a pumpkin theme. I changed all my deco to fall wreaths and made chili and cornbread. The main cake was pumpkin with cream cheese frosting! Yum.
yum! i love chili and cornbread! 😊lucky you!
What a delightfully detailed shot! Very nice, thanks.
Nice close-up! My flowers are still going strong too, altho this is probably the last week for most. Night temps are dropping & will be hard on them. I cover plants in the Spring, but not Fall. We don't have a lot of leaves changing, but enough that our wooded paths are slowly getting covered.
Nice photo, I love sunflowers!
Post a Comment