I hung the tarp in the stall overnight and after bringing Dally in, I rattled it a bit to see what she would do.
Not a whole lot! But still reactive.
I like to see how curious they are about new things. I feel that the more curious they are, the more intelligent they are. And doing things in a non threatening way helps them to build confidence; while still introducing something that is out of their comfort zone.
Next up was dragging the tarp and having her follow it. This helps them to build self confidence; as if they are chasing it instead of it chasing them. You can see that she is still a bit wary of it.
This next clip you can really see her thinking things through. She did really well, so we stopped there. It will be interesting to see how today's session goes!
4 comments:
I like the way she smelled it! And the last clip ...she was very brave!! :)
Having them chase it is really smart. I’m doing the same thing with the flag right now, dragging it on the ground with Epona. I need to buy a tarp like yours for the next step!
She's a smart little one.
Good girl Dally!
Post a Comment