Been a wet week here so didn't get a lot done. But I found a saddle to look at not too far from here. I had sold my Wade saddle a couple of weeks ago and was on the lookout for an affordable, good quality used saddle.
What I found was another custom built saddle, made by Mark Denny of Cariboo Saddlery at Williams Lake B.C. It's very well built and good thick leather. A bit heavy but that is ok. It is the kind of saddle that will last a lifetime, probably out last me by many years! The lady who sold it no longer rides and has health issues. Kind of sad....
To get there we had to go over a mountain pass, and what was rain here was snow up there.
My first snow of the season! The roads weren't too bad, a little slippery going up the hill but ok going down.
The saddle was pretty much what I expected (you know I love custom built saddles!) so I bought it, and she threw in a whole bunch of used tack, nothing much that I wanted or needed so I will sell it via Ted's Facebook.
When we got home I checked it out more thoroughly; it needs the stirrups turned and a new latigo strap but other than that its good to go. I put it on Beamer for a trial fit.
I am also going to change out the stirrups with the ones on my broken saddle, these have that galvanized wrap that I don't like. It did come with a back cinch which I have to put back on.
Can't wait to get Sophie home and start riding again! And no, I didn't ride Beamer.





6 comments:
Beamer: "But I was so ready to go for that ride! The saddle fit good, and I enjoyed modeling it, but a ride, well, tempting! Hop on!" 😊
reminds me of the song, "back in the saddle again" by gene autry.
Nice saddle. They are hard to find, you made it look easy. Sounds like Sophie is your new mount. I was wondering how things worked out with her. You will be back on the trail in no time!
Nice saddle, I like the leatherwork:)
That is a nice saddle. Ugh, snow. I am so not ready yet.
Saddle fitting is my least favorite thing, and it’s harder in the rain. It looks like a pretty one. Love the tooling.
Post a Comment