There are still a few flowers hanging in there, mostly the ones which are protected from the heavy frosts by other plants or the proximity of the house.
The fall asters are so hardy they survive frost without any extra protection. Those lavender seeds are needing to be harvested too.
The blue salvia against the house survived, although some of the same plant got too much frost and succumbed. I have saved seeds for next year.
The last of the petunias was tucked under some snapdragons.
The last rose to hold onto its bloom is my rescue rose; I picked this and another one just behind it for the house.
Most of the roses look like this, I guess I can pick a few of those rosehips to dry out for my winter vitamin C.
I still have sunflowers hanging in there, a few still blooming that haven't fully gone to seed. The birds have really been busy cleaning them up.







4 comments:
Great photos of your beautiful blooms! Does your lavender overwinter? I’ve always had to treat lavender as an annual, but know the right kind and care does overwinter. We have lavender farms nearby, so I am attempting to grow it again. We’ve enjoyed a warmer than usual Fall. I still have some tender plants outside. All my pots and some ground flowers are blooming, but their days are numbered.
Beautiful! Autumn is lingering here too and I am loving every minute.
We had a really hard frost this morning so most everything is toast. Your few bloomers are very pretty...love those Asters...I had some but one year they winter killed:(
Love the fall flowers. Beautiful aster!
Post a Comment