Monday, July 4, 2022

Hangin' in there

The last couple of weeks  have been rather dreary and rainy. Every day I  go see Beamer and hand graze him for about a  half hour. He's  doing  fine; most of the time I  see him he has his head buried in  his timothy bale munching away. 

I did get to ride one of Shayla's  horses, checking on a little group of cows. 

I  got to visit Boe the other day; I  needed to take a hair sample for DNA. 


All the horses are doing great, living their best life on all that pasture. 

 

I do have some news; we did secure the lease on the farm, so that takes a load off our minds. I  also have my winter's hay spoken for from a  farmer local to that area. The price is almost double  what I  paid in Creston! 😳
I also acquired  another horse! (Imagine that....)
This is a mare that I  raised and sold as a long yearling. She was broke to ride and used primarily as a  broodmare.  Some friends  of ours bought her about 6 or 7 years ago and she had a wonderful  life of retirement  with them. But they want to make some changes  in their  life and rehoming their  horses is part of it. 
So she will be joining my little herd; she has come full circle!  

Welcome back, San Poco Velvet!


Packing our brand😊

More info on everything  once we get settled. 3 weeks to go! 

3 comments:

aurora said...

Great to hear from you! Glad things are going well. Those are some lush pastures. I don't remember your new girl. Nice that she found her way back to you. Good luck with the move!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Belly deep grass! Sure is pretty! Good news to hear that you will be settled soon:) Fun to see photos! Velvet you will have to refresh my memory on her, that may have been before I started reading your blog!

TeresaA said...

Congratulations on the farm lease! And on getting Velvet back. I love that you are making sure she's taken care of.