Thursday, August 11, 2022

Gussie update!

 Some mares like to foal on the full moon- like mama Belle- and apparently  Gussie too. This morning around  daybreak she finally foaled ( after almost 2 months of sleepless nights for Shayla!) 

It was worth the wait.  Before I  show the foal, here is the sire: 


This  handsome  fellow is Layne, a Percheron.

I think you will agree that he and Gussie make very nice babies! 

Here she is... yes it's  a filly.  


And she is a blue roan. 


She's  quite adorable  with those long lashes!



Gussie is quite smitten; it has been 9 long years since the twins. 


I get to go meet her tomorrow!  We now live over an hour away from Shayla or I  would be  there today 😊



7 comments:

M said...

just kewt!!!💜

M said...

is her dad a quarter horse?

M said...

nope! looked it up. she'll be BIG horse!😊

lytha said...

omgosh I thought you were gonna say that was a Quarter Horse and I was gonna have to complain a little: )

Linda said...

What a beauty. Great cross, too! Good minds.

TeresaA said...

Those lashes though. ❤️

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh so cute! Gussie is a good Mom:)