Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Last load!

 If anyone  watches Barnyard  Builders you will be familiar with  their call , " Last log!" when they are tearing down an old barn. Well we aren't  tearing down, we are building  a future  on this farm, and last load was officially hauled here today. (Now the work begins, not ends!)  Upcoming  projects  are focused on repairing the dilapidated  fences and making the barns  more habitable as well as creating a tack room area. 

I let the mares in the little barn to see how they would  like it. Velvet went right in and not so brave Sophie went in after Velvet proved it was safe 🙄

I won't  let them in together  unsupervised  because  Sophie can be agressive to Velvet; she actually  charged at Velvet and bit her hard, although  not in the barn. But I  can put them in separate  stalls if necessary.  

Speaking of Velvet- the day we brought  her here she was in heat. So Beamer got to have another girlfriend!  He covered her 2 days in a row and then she was out of heat. Talk about good timing! I wasn't going to to breed her much later than that. As it is she will be due mid July. 


Happy Beamer! I intend to stick him in with the mares next week. They are both bred to him so hopefully  they will all sort things out in a hurry once he figures  out that  they aren't  in heat . Could be a lot of squealing  and striking going on until he learns to leave them alone but they will get it sorted out . 

I also got to go with Shayla  to visit the colts, they are sure looking good.  


Two completely  different types.


 Scooter is  turning out to be a dark buckskin with a more silvery tone than Mama Belle.

Everything  else is  going along  good. We have our hay in and are going to get pallets  tomorrow  to restack them on. Once that's done  I  can tackle  the fencing. No rest for the willing!

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you like it there! You and Ted are used to hard work and fixing up stuff so before long it will be the way you want it!:)

TeresaA said...

It must feel good to have them all home.