Wednesday, August 9, 2023

No foal yet....

 I don't have any foal photos to share yet. Gussie is still holding the little fellow hostage! 


Poor girl, I'm sure she's tired of packing all that weight around!

I do have some neat photos to share though! My bathroom window overlooks the river and as I looked out I could see something- 3 somethings- moving across the river. So I grabbed my big camera and went for a look see. 

To my surprise, it was 3 fledgling Great Horned Owls! what a blessing to get to see them! I only had a short time to take photos as they spotted me so forgive the lack of sharp focus. I had my camera set on action and snapped hurriedly. 

3...
2...
1...
and they were gone into the forest. I was surprised at how large they are. 


8 comments:

M said...

i so love owls! poor Gussie!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Oh wow!

Linda said...

Good find! Don’t mess with those babies! They look fierce.

aurora said...

WOW!! You got to see & photograph such a unique sight! Great shots.

Hopefully Gussie has her baby sooner than later.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

That is wonderful! And pretty good shots for in a hurry. Sweet Gussie must be feeling it, these hostage situations are tough

Far Side of Fifty said...

You got some great photos! Owls are fun to see!

Val Ewing said...

Action was a great choice for catching them in flight like you did!

We have a barred owl that nests in the back of our property. I enjoy seeing him/her once in a while and love the calls they have.

threecollie said...

Owls! That is awesome!