Sunday, February 25, 2024

Photo day

 I had a lovely time visiting Shayla and helping her get photos of her sale horses.  Mostly it was all about the paint colt. 


He is a bay dun, hence the black in his mane and tail from the bay and the dorsal stripe from the dun. And he is gonna be a big boy! 

First he got his feet trimmed and he did really well. Shayla's husband was very patient with him but really he didn't fuss much. 

This was his first time in the round pen, and we managed to get a few action shots. 


Overall, he was fairly calm though so the action shots were, as I said, only a few.  He has show horse breeding and it sure would be nice to see him go to a show home. We also put a fancy halter on him and took some conformation photos, but with Shayla's camera. 


The colt with him in this photo is Fire, who is Jayne's son, sired by her late running bred stallion. These are two really nice colts.

I didn't do any more with Gussie in the last few days; I had one day where I was just plain crabby, then the weather turned cold and blustery again. I think Gussie is ok with that! 
I have someone coming to look at Ruby this week. She is looking for younger broodmares, so I think Ruby would do well for her. We shall see if it's a match. 

7 comments:

Linda said...

He’s gorgeous. They both are. I love paints and sorrels.

Crabby for a day? We’ve all been there! Some days are just what they are.

TeresaA said...

It’s easy to be crabby in February. Some days you just have to roll with it.
The foals are lovely

4RRanch said...

Love the paints. Hope it works out for Ruby. I think I would be crabby all of the time with your weather.

aurora said...

Nice photos and horses! I hope they all find good homes.

I think this time of year we are all ready for a change up. It won't be long before bug season.

Val Ewing said...

I had a crabby bunch of days too. Equine do pick up on moods of people very easily.

I was going to ride today but we'll have high winds and red flag warnings. Unusual weather for February.
:(

M said...

How tall is the paint going to be? 16 hands? 😲

Shirley said...

M- yes we think at least 16 hh.