Theo is thriving and quite entertaining. I can see his pen from my dining room window, and it's fun to watch him ripping around, loping circles around his mama, and then sleeping soundly to recharge for the next bout.
He has nice straight legs, no weird swirls, and is definitely black, not roan.
We fixed up the barn by removing a gate that divided it into 2 stalls that could trap him, and they are using it well, which is nice because it is still stupid windy, gusts up to 30 mph (50 km). I can feed them in there and not have the hay blow over to the neighbours!
Theo drinks a bit of water when his mama does.
Like most foals, he has a very curious nature. It's fun to watch him explore the world. He will have to stay in this pen until we get the other pens cleaned, which will be happening later this week. So I get to have my morning entertainment with my morning coffee as I watch him zooming in and out of the barn and all around the pen. Velvet has stopped being obsessed with his every movement; she will stand and watch without following now. She also has taken to pinning her ears at Gussie and not worrying about where Gussie is, which is good because now Gussie goes out to the pasture to graze instead of hanging out at the fence.
Those red tufts in his ears though!
5 comments:
πππ
Oh, how interesting that she is finally separating from Gussie. She has something more important to tend to.now. Good entertainment for you. There’s nothing more heartwarming than the babies.
He is so adorable!
Who needs tv when you have such good entertainment.
I dislike stupid wind also.
Post a Comment