I was getting a bit grumpy about still having snow on the ground here - guess I'm still in Creston mode, because I looked back at my photos of this time last year.... and guess what, it's about the same! So I guess I have to just suck it up, this too shall pass. It is melting, especially today and tomorrow, but there is a week of unsettled weather in the forecast with some of that S word in it. My point being, that with Velvet getting closer to foaling I am of course hoping for lovely weather! She is at 330 days today. Her milk is coming in well, and she is getting loose in the tail area.
The mares are all shedding like crazy; I groomed them yesterday and today it will be Beamer's turn.
Easter Sunday was lovely day here, after Church I spent some time with the horses and even had some sit in the sun with Thumper quality kitty time. A good day to reflect on all that Easter means to us.
And, although nothing is growing outside yet, I do have an Easter flower blooming indoors.
My so called Thanksgiving cactus which likes to bloom around Christmas and Easter, came through for me, and opened up on Sunday! There are actually 2 plants in that pot, the other one is pink and it's opening up too, but it is very fitting that the white one bloomed for Easter Sunday.
And Ted bought us carnations too, so we do have some spring type cheer going on indoors at least.
I hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend. Ted spent Saturday with his family while I stayed home to work on the foaling pen. Priorities, right? 😁
If you haven't already, be sure to get your guess in on the foaling contest. All the information is on this post:
You can enter there or on this post.



6 comments:
Hang in there Velvet. You haven’t reached my choice yet. lol.
I think I got grumpy towards the end too! LOL.
The flowers brightening your house are wonderful. That cactus is vibrant!
The shedding is a sure sign that spring is right around the corner! You will soon have flowers inside AND out. Babies. Green grass. Flowers.
I didn't realize that there are several different "Christmas" cactus varieties that bloom at different times and the Thanksgiving/Easter one is more common than I knew.
Waiting is hard. Beautiful blooms brighten and ease the hardest of days.
What a wonderful bloom on Easter!
Post a Comment