Saturday, April 20, 2024

The special one

 Did anyone see the halo around the moon early Thursday morning? I saw it on my foal checks at midnight, and again at 4 am. It was rather spectacular. I thought to myself that it was a good sign for a special day. Of course, no foal Thursday! 

But- early Saturday morning, we welcomed this beauty into the world. 

Black....


Colt (of course!)

Velvet was quite restless and I thought she wasn't going to foal until I left so at around 2 am I packed up and headed back to the house. I woke at 5 am and there he was- so I think she foaled within a half hour of me leaving, as he was standing, dry, nursing and pooping. 
He has diagonal socks, a teeny star, a snip on his nose and white on his chin. 

Right hind


Left front

And for the derpy photo of the day....

Those whiskers!

He looks so much like Beamer! Even the way he holds his ears is like daddy. 



His mama loves him

Velvet is protective of him but not aggressive. She lets us touch him for exactly x amount of time then herds him away. 

So cute!

The blog contest winner is my sister, M who picked just about everything perfectly. Thank you to everyone who played along, it made the waiting so much easier. 

7 comments:

Linda said...

I thought something must have happened because you went silent, a sure sign you were too busy to blog. I hoped it meant my prediction came true. 🤣

Congratulations on your beautiful boy!!!

aurora said...

Awwwww, how sweet!! The waiting and wondering is over. Congrats to you, your sister for winning your contest ~ and of course Velvet. I am so glad things went smoothly for your girl and that she had a healthy foal!

I did not see the halo.

M said...

thanks all. gratz to shirley, and ted :) to beamer, and velvet. 😊👍

TeresaA said...

Congratulations! He’s a lovely colt.

Far Side of Fifty said...

A Black colt! Congratulations...love his whiskers!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Those whiskers! :-D

4RRanch said...

Glad the wait is over and what a cutie! It will be interesting to watch and see how much he will be like Beamer.