As you can see in my last post, I have started sliding on to Rally, not completely with my whole body, but getting her used to the feel of it. Today I did the same; we had a rain delay so I didnt do much of that, just worked on some ground work sidepassing, working with her hind feet and trying to get her ok with me closing the trailer door.
Todays session:
After I took the video I actually did take my foot off the rail but didnt slide up - without someone there to assist I figured it was better to be cautious and not push my luck.
She is getting better with her hind feet but not yet at the point of letting me hold by the toe.... it will come; she is quite good with her front feet now.
I am longeing her and marvel at how smooth her movement is, she has a lovely jog. No loping yet as my round pen is grass that is quite slippery from all the rain.
Her hives are all gone, so saddling can resume.
Still no word on Beamer's filly.

8 comments:
Rally's progress is remarkable! Curious if her previous owners know how well she is doing?
One would think the filly's owner would have made a decision by now. Hard waiting on the unknown.
Yes, I send them updates. They are invited to come visit
Awesome! She is coming along great. I hope you hear about the filly soon.
Fingers and toes crossed for Beamer's filly:) Rally is coming along nicely thanks to your patience:)
Good progress :-)
The previous owners must be so happy!
I love a horse that can think through things. She seems like one of those.
That photo of her looking at your boot is great! I have had that experience a few times. They look back like....hey, what's that? Let me check it out!
Post a Comment