I always love it when people to whom I have sold horses send me photos. It especially warms my heart when I see how well those horses behave around children.
First we have Drifter, the palomino stallion that Shayla and I sold to a working ranch in northern BC. He has gone on to be a good sire for them as well as a working ranch horse. But these photos say it all as to how good his disposition is :
This little cowgirl (4 yrs old!) has been pestering her mom to ride Drifter and got her wish last summer.
Then there is Theo. He is 2 this year and sure is growing up to look like his daddy.
Just like Beamer and his mama Velvet, he loves attention. He will be hauled to roping events this year just to take in the sights and sounds. His owner is very happy with him, and as you can see his little daughter is too.
There is a Beamer daughter for sale, she is the one I originally planned to keep but sold to buy an older horse to ride. That is the sorrel filly out of Jayne that I named Dally.
She is 5 this year and still fairly green broke. I am not in a position to buy her but it sure would be nice!






8 comments:
Theo looks a lot like Beamer. That’s amazing. And Drifter, wow, what a stallion. Those are beautiful photos and you’re right that it says it all!
That has to be tempting to get Dally.
This post made me smile. Drifter grew up to be handsome guy, and kept his temperament. So chill with the little kiddo. Aww, Theo looks so sweet. Nice to see photos and updates!!
I hope Dally finds a forever home.
It must be so nice to see how well they are doing.
How wonderful to kids with horses! Oh I wish you could buy a Beamer filly!
What a gem Drifter is! To be able to hold so many jobs (breeding stallion, working ranch horse, AND babysitter) is no small feat.
Very nice photos. All so happy!
So nice to have horses with such good temperaments. I need that saddle in the first picture!
I think it is a barrel saddle with a small seat and with custom short fenders. If you have a saddle maker in your area he may be able to help find something similar.
Post a Comment