Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Cat Came Back!


This is Bubby, our 17 pound tabby cat. He went missing on Wednesday last week. We've had him for 10 years and love him dearly. We knew that there is a person in the neighbourhood who traps cats and disposes of them, so we were understandably worried. So we were quite delighted when he came back last night, at full tilt, pursued by dogs. After a couple of minutes of cuddling and purring loudly, he headed straight to the food dish! I had asked my guardian angel to help him to get safely home, so thanks for prayers answered!

5 comments:

Tom in Vegas said...

I'm glad kitty came back safely!

paramedicgirl said...

Shirley, remember Dusty? Of course you do! We gave him to you one night when the cops wanted to shoot him, and you gave him a very good home.

Anyway, when we lived at eight-mile, Dusty had puppies with the neighbour's dog, and one of those puppies, Wrinkles, was given away to a good Catholic friend of mine. Wrinkles went missing one day, and their children were heartbroken. They called their Italian grandmother in Ontario and told her how sad they were about Wrinkles missing from their home. She, being a devout Catholic, prayed a novena to St. Anthony, founder of lost items (and now apparently dogs) and after missing for three weeks, Wrinkles came home!

He was so skinny, it was unbelievable, and we all thought that he appeared as though he had been lost in the mountains or maybe even caught in a trap on the trapline. Anyway, he came home against all odds, and was nursed back to health in a loving family.

Shirley said...

It always amazes me when our prayers are answered. Goes to show that there is nothing too small or too big that isn't deserving of prayer.

Cheryl Ann said...

Awww...he's so good-lookin'!!! I had a female cat, "Sniffy" who had his long hair. I had her for 17 years. She was like a dog and would follow me on my walks. I'd have to "shoo" her home! She also would attack any dog that entered our property! She would sleep snuggled under my chin and lick my chin! I miss her. She died on my front porch one day as I was leaving for school. I miss her terribly and every now and then I think I see her out of the corner of my eye. I KNOW she is still with me! RIP, dear girl! I love you!

Shirley said...

Bubby likes to follow me around too; and somewhere I have a picture of him on my horse's back. He also lets my husband bathe him in the shower!