Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kent Rides a Good Horse

There may be a lot of people soured on horse racing after the Kentucky Derby, and rightly so for them. But there is no denying man's fascination with, and love for, a good horse race. It feeds our competitive nature, and fills our eye with the most beautiful creature in God's creation. We know that the sport will continue, and only hope that Eight Belle's legacy will be sweeping changes to the industry.


Big Brown has captured the hearts of racing fans, including me. Here is a true contender for the fabled and elusive Triple Crown. It is horses like him that keep alive the love of racing at times like this. Here is a magnificent horse, and I for one, will be cheering him stride for stride in the Belmont.

By the way, check out Fran Jurga's Hoof Blog for some great photos of Big Brown being worked on by the farrier.

2 comments:

kdwhorses said...

That is one nice horse and jockey. I do not know if I will watch, but they are a beautiful pair, very fluid movement.
I agree racing is going to continue I just hope that Eight Belles and the other horses that have lost there lives, will make some much needed changes to the rules and regulations in racing. I hope that in all areas of horse events that changes be made to keep horses and riders safer. My Dad will not come and watch me ride because he is so scared that something is going to happen. Every sport is dangerous, every time we saddle up there is a chance something could happen. But like I have told him you can not live your life worrying/scared of something happening. You would never do anything! I am so blessed to have these wonderful creatures in my life and I treasure that. I do try and take every precaution and take the best care of my horses to keep something from happening. Off soapbox now!

Shirley said...

We can't let fear rule our lives; but we can, as you say, take precautions. I have overcome fear a few times and it's not easy; your friend RoeAnn is going to have to face this, I hope she does well.