God bless all those who died for our freedom, and all those who continue to fight against evil and injustice throughout the world. I attended the ceremonies at the Legion today, so following is a photo essay of the tribute paid by our town. God bless our troops, and the children portrayed here who care enough to join Cadets and Scouts. I am particularly impressed with the Sentries at the cenotaph, who stood silent and unmoving for over half an hour in the pouring rain.
The Legion Colour Party
The parade led by one of our war vets
The Mounties resplendent in their Red Serge
The following two groups represent our hope for the Future.
Bless his heart!
Then there was the Salute from the local pilots- the "Fly-By" at the end of the two minutes of silence.







6 comments:
One of many!
I have family members in the military, so Veterans Day is special to us.....
Well done, ya'll do it right up there..:-)
I didn't attend a service today , for the first time in a ling time. Funny all day I felt like I was missing something .
Lovely tribute
Those Mounties are certainly colorful ..and I love the photo of the elderly warrior leading the way:)
Beautiful tribute Shirley~
Post a Comment