Beamer wanted to give you all a big kiss today.
And poor Merle was quite surprised when he went out for his morning pee; I had to shovel pee paths for him.
I'm happy with Beamer's new shelter, and he is too.
When I checked Rio's leg this morning, it looked more swollen, so I turned him out, reasoning that some exercise will help keep the wound draining and reduce the swelling. Don't have to worry about dirt getting in it with all the snow! The water heaters went out today too- I did Beamer's this morning and will do the girls' this afternoon as I have to move their tank. So I guess it's officially winter!



13 comments:
I hear you ! we got another dump pf snow overnight and a fairly big one expected today .I guess old man winter has landed
Yep, it's there for sure. Love Beamers new shelter. I'm betting he's happy as can be.
How wonderful! Love the snow, mind you, we dont get it like you!
Yuk you should see it here.As a matter of fact it will be on my blog later. Ouch poor Rio that looks a little touchy.....darn horses always sticking things where they don't belong. Love the Pansy.
Ick! Whitestuff! Keep it north of the 48, pls.
You see how I read, it was Rio and here I read it to be Beamer! Nice home he has there!! We haven't had to have the heater going yet but it is all ready for the cold weather! I have to say I am glad our first snow didn't last long.
pee paths? lol. poor merle! beamer here is a hug for you! *hug*
hmm.. well rain aint so bad after all..
I do not think I have ever heard or thought of a pee path! : )
It does indeed look like winter has hit for you.
Brrr looks cold!! I wish winter was already over!
NICE shelter there for Beamer...he looks so cozy!
The turnout was probably good for Rio. Those leg wounds are so problematic...hope it heals up quickly.
I'd much rather have the snow than the rain! We were supposed to get some overnight, but the sky was clear. Now the clouds are moving in and it's an 80% chance with a high of 35...gonna be a cold day.
We do pee paths here too..but not til it stacks up..pee paths and poop trails to the woods! Poor Merle..maybe you should just plant him a flat full of grass in the house. I had a friend that had a little bitty dog..she trained him to use a cat box..LOL..it worked for her! :):)
that top shot is my morning laugh for the day!
- The Equestrian Vagabond
It can be very challenging when your the size of a peanut. Poor little guy. On the very few days we do get any amount of snow here, I literally have to shove Fred out the door to do his business. He would hold it all day if I didn't, that can't be good. Then when he does go, he drops his turds in the weirdest places, like the deck. I guess the snow completely messes up his frame of reference. Hang in there little Merle, you'll get used to it...sort of.
Post a Comment