I think this post from Breathe hit me hard this morning, especially since two other bloggers, GoWestFeralWoman and Rising Rainbow are dealing with serious illness; and this coming Saturday is the second anniversary of my mother's death. I have a landmark birthday coming up in two months, and I guess I'm feeling old and vulnerable; life is so uncertain and so precious. We don't know the number of our days, but we can make the best of the time we are given.
Maybe I should kick up my heels and let my hair down....
Gallop full speed into the future....
Enjoy the beauty that surrounds me....
No matter which way life takes me....
But today, I think I'll just cocoon.





15 comments:
Nothing wrong with that for a day or two Shirley , although many of us have never met , we have become family in a way. This loss, and the fears of others is hitting us all very hard and close to home . Hugs to you for sharing your wonderful kind heart .And I sends up my prayers for peace and comfort for all who are struggling at this time
Taking time to rest and recoup is always a good idea, particularly at this dark time of year. I like your closing sequence of photos . . .
.....or ya could start drawing again.........has a way of taking your mind to other places!
It is good to "feel" life and it's events, not just be numb to what is going on around us. My work consistently proves the fact that we are mortal, everyone has a time to die. On a positive note, it also teaches me the importance of living for today, not in the past and not worrying about the future. This is the first time I've been to Carmon's blog. Her strength of character, her positive attitude and her ability to challenge the medical staff to do the right thing is inspiring to me.
Pictures of Rio running cheer me up, that's for sure! That horse is something else!!! But the weather today is far from enticing. Maybe it's mother nature's way of saying it's time to settle in for the winter.
I'm past that mark, and yes, as I get older some days can be unsettling to the soul. Prayers and friends are always a comfort...not to mention our 4 legged furry friends~
I been feeling the same way lately. I just keep forcing myself to go out even for short times. then cucoon the rest of the times. i think its just normal for everyone, specially at the beginning of winter season.
Had myself a bout of Melancholia a couple of days ago. No motivation, no will to do anything at all. Know how you feel, I read that post from Breathe.
Got loads to do myself, ah well! I suppose it`ll get done.
Yes, to cocoon is just fine, sometimes we need to cozy up and just deal with what goes on in our minds. I think the only way to 'slow life down' is to simply savor each moment. Yes, it's fleeting, but it's good.
Sometimes I wrap myself in my blue blanket and listen to music that soothes me all day. Nothing more dangerous than ignoring the blues, in my opinion. They come from a real place in our heart.
The trick is not to live in that place, something that can happen if we pull the blanket too tight and miss the sunrise of the next day.
I've found a purr of a kitten to be particularly medicinal. And all the fur all over my blanket darn motivating. :)
Some days are just like that..you just need a little time to yourself..although with all that beautiful horse flesh waiting for you I hope your cocoon didn't last too long:)
...and all the better when you can look out your window and see horses and snuggle in a blanket indoors with your cats. Sounds perfect to me. Sometimes it takes introspective days like this to make tomorrow enjoyable.
She was truly remarkable. I've had to realign my prioritys a bit too. It's good to just cozy up for a bit. I'm going to hit a big number in a few also. It bothers me that it bothers me. geez
Post a Comment