Monday, January 28, 2013

Room to Zoom

The great thing about corral panel fences is that you can change the configuration to suit your evolving needs. Now that Chickory is gone, it was time to set up the two foaling pens, (not imminent, but I like to be prepared!)which meant that Mr. Nitro had to go in with Rio. Since's Rio's pen has as it's run-out one side that is electric fence- white tape against white snow- not too visible, so I decided to build an alley to a safer paddock, the one that Nitro is accustomed to from his baby days. They have been visiting over the fence for the last few days, so it was time to put them together. Once Rio realised that Nitro was in with him, he tried to play the dominance game, biting Nitro and trying to run him..... well, here's what happened:
Nitro connected with this kick, and Rio backed right off. Nitro has no problems standing up for himself, and big brother doesn't get to push him around!
A few minutes later they were peacefully cleaning up the hay bits from where I moved the feeder.
Too peaceful perhaps for their youthful minds; they had a couple of impromptu races around the paddock....

Rio might be bigger....
*
but Nitro is faster- no problem outmaneuvering big brother! Rio even had a head start.

Looks kinda smug, doesn't he?
That's okay, Rio, you are still the prettiest mover.

13 comments:

luvmyhrs said...

Oh boy I like that picture of Rio trotting!!! I was going to say that on the video, Nitro might have the speed but Rio has the pretty stride!!

Shirley said...

***grin***

Crystal said...

Sure 2 nice lookin boys there! Bet they will enjoy havin each other for company.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful boys! Great that they have so much good space to stretch out in.

Kurious Kim said...

It always amazes me how horses can keep their footing in the snow! Love the video.

Unknown said...

Great video, I love watching ponies play.
I really like your set up too..

Susan said...

Rio is a beautiful mover. I love his tail in that last shot.

Boss Mare Eventing said...

2 handsome lads!

Janice said...

It's going to be neat to see the differences between them as Nitro grows. Rio is going to be taller and sleeker and Nitro is built like a you know what. Loved the video.

John and Regina Zdravich said...

love this! watching horseplay is just too much fun! (i left the comment for this post on a different one...sorry!)

John and Regina Zdravich said...

love this! watching horseplay is just too much fun! (i left the comment for this post on a different one...sorry!)

Nikker said...

That boys got some wheels, that is for sure! (0:
Love watching your videos!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Both such nice colts!