Monday, January 21, 2013

The wait is over!

It was a really busy weekend around here, we had an auction to work on Saturday and I managed to not spend more than I made- I came home with a cream can for only $25, and a crock that I gave to a friend; but I should have bought this trunk- I wasn't bidding because I thought it would sell for a lot of money and wasn't quick enough when I realized it was selling for only $10.
On Friday, I watched some of the Jim Anderson clinic, held at the new indoor arena at Creston Flats Stables, it had me itchin' to get working cows again. Maybe this fall, after Gussie's foal is weaned.

Sunday, we went and got Nitro for his new owner and brought him here. He's looking really good, but it was pretty sad for Veronica, having to part with him.
He hauled well, but when we went to unload him, he decided to take his time, didn't want to step out into the snow. Funny little guy.

 Eventually he did, and the horses were all talking to him as we put him in his pen, between Beamer and the mares.

His mamma Belle reminded him that she is the BOSS.

In no uncertain terms!


Silly old girl! That's your boy!

But his old buddy Chickory was happy to see him, and hung out with him for a bit.

Beamer was excited too, I wish I had the camera ready when I saw him rearing and leaping, and when he reared and pirouetted at the same time- holy smokes that boy's athletic! Nitro eventually was done visiting the mares and said hey to daddy.
Anyway, they all settled in and after Chickory leaves, probably next weekend, Nitro will go in the big pen with Belle and Gussie, at least until foaling time. Now it's time for me to head out and do my morning chores- and take more photos of course!

11 comments:

Janice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janice said...

Boy I sure wish I had been there to have a go at that trunk...oh well next time.While I can't work up any sympathy for Veronica I am very glad to see Nitro is looking good, he is growing nicely. He sure haired up since the last time I saw him.I am happy he made his way back to your place and it sounds like he has landed in the right place this time.

Michele said...

that nitro is a handsome little gentleman!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Man! that trunk is gorgeous!Too bad you missed it . Looks like Nitro was receiving great care he looks good. Get ready with that camera girl! Hope Mr Handsome will give you a show

Vaquerogirl said...

Cute baby!
Sure looks cold in your neck of the woods!
Those trunks come in to my auction all the time, they usually go for $20-60 depending on if they have paper (original) inside or not.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Nitro looks good!

Nikker said...

Nitro looks GREAT! Glad he made it home, even if it's only for a short time.

Montanagirl said...

Nitro is such a good lookin' guy!

Crystal said...

So much going on, but Nitro is lookin good and will be fun havin him home again.

Linda said...

Ooooo I'd have bought that trunk in a New York minute!!! Your horses are looking great!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Now that is a traveling trunk..and beautiful...yes I would have bought it also! Nitro is home..he looks good:)