Today was Nitro's first birthday.
He still loves to run, and is very agile.
Another first today was Gussie getting to be in with Belle and Stella. I introduced them carefully, just in case mama Belle got snarky, but Gussie is her BFF and it only took a little posturing to establish order. .
Since that went well, next I turned all 3 of them out into the big pen next to their stalls. The first turnout for Stella Belle!
She sure kept her mama on her toes! Stella is not shy at all and had to explore everything.
She had been loping in the stall, but 20'X20' isn't big enough to really get a feel for those long legs, so she had her first gallop today too.
It was also the first time I've let Gussie out for exercise since she strained the tendons on her left front leg 3 weeks ago- she has been confined that long, and really enjoyed getting out today.
Such a picturesque mare!
Once I knew that they were all getting along, (I was worried that Gussie might try to steal the baby) I opened up the grass pasture for them, much to the delight of the mares.
Stella really had fun, and everywhere she led, Belle was sure to follow.
Something caught the attention of the mares:
I let them run around for a bit, but didn't want them eating too much of the fresh grass,
so after a little while I chased them back into the dry lot.
Well.... sorta dry! Still has some standing water in the lowest spots. Stella did pick her way across at least once.
And for another first today.... she learned to drink water.
All in all it was a darn good day- and we did all this between rainstorms that are rolling along the mountains.


15 comments:
These pictures are gorgeous, what a beautiful baby, too! :)
Kalin from Sittinginthesaddle.blogspot.com
That Nitro is one handsome fella! Baby Stella sure is a sweet heart. Looks like all the girls had a fun time out and about! Great pics.
Looks like a great day with the horses!!!!
I love the picture of Stella's reflection in the water.
Happy Birthday Nitro!
What a trio! They look so happy.
that little girl is all legs...
and both of your mares are fit - what a great trait to have!
That is a wonderful day! Thanks for sharing all your pictures with us. Baby Stella has quite the "look".
Very good.....Its so brilliant when they all enjoy being out. All that new sunshine and the onset of summer.
Beautiful photos! Happy Birthday to Nitro. He's so pretty. Gussie struck a great pose for that photo. And what can I say about Stella Belle??? Such loooonnnng legs! She's so cute.
Stella is a beauty! Everyone looks so happy a full of piss and vinegar! Great picture of Gussie!
Cute, sweet little Stella!! And Happy Birthday, Nitro! And congratulations on all your "Firsts" -- great photos, by the way.....Love your view.
Happy birthday to Nitro! That Stella Belle sure has long legs. Love that you could turn Gussie out with her friend and baby.
Boy, I go out of town for a few days and look at all I missed :-D. She's gorgeous!!!
How fun! You could just see the nervous energy coming off the roan mare. Beautiful baby too!
Looks cold there!
Wow Gussie is sure looking good! And of course little Miss is too :)
I was kinda wondering if Gussie would try to steal her too.
Now I'm going to pop on over to Wordpress ;)
Ah# That Made My Heart Happy For Gussie...Seeing Her With Her BFF AND FILLY.
Fanatic Day Of Firsts...And so Many.
Love That Capture Of Stella Belle's Reflection!!
HAPPY HORSEY BIRTHDAY, NITRO!
Post a Comment