Sunday, November 17, 2013

Paired up

Coyote Belle has settled in well at her new place, she's back with her buddy Chickory and out with the main herd at Fleetwood Farm in Alberta.
Gussie's new owner was pretty excited- his first words were "I'm in love!" so all's well there.

I'll get updates from time to time and will post them here.

It's trying to be winter here, and now that the leaves are gone from the maple trees I hung out the bird feeders- they are doing their job, it only took the little birds a day to find them

 Looks like I can start filling them to the top, I only filled them halfway until the birds found them so the seed didn't get all soggy.


Josie and Rio always did kind of hang out together, even when Stella was around,and now that they are the only two in the pen, they do a lot of things in unison.


Power take off.....


Play.... Josie has to get pretty high to reach his head! Good thing she has those Beamer moves!


Racing....


and having a cool down drink after all that exercise.


MmmMmm good!


 I guess I still has a happy! How can I not with these two to entertain me..... not to mention Mr. Handsome.

Who, me?????
Yes you, ya big ham. 
Got a question for you horse health folks- how do I get rid of ear crud? You can see it in Beamer's right ear, he really hates it when I try to pull the chunks off. I can try essential oils on the outside of the ear but is there anything safe I can put inside to loosen it up?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had good luck with Listerine for various types of crud, but it may be too liquid for use in the ear. You might want to try a topical antibiotic like Neosporin.

You do have a set of beautiful horses!

Unknown said...

Oh Rio! What a clown!

I would just try straight vaseline.

Dreaming said...

Josie is too cute for words! I love all of your pictures of her. How do you get anything done with your horses around?

Crystal said...

Sure are characters there, will be a little different without the mares around for a while.

Jessie gets that crud too but she loves her ears being rubbed and scratched and fingers all the way inside (yuck!) and so I just rub a little off at a time. I asked Doug one day and he said he usually just laves it it will go away and all the ones hes used medication on just hated when you went near their ears for a while afterwards.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Love the pictures, and nd I have no idea about the crud, maybe soften it with a mineral oil or olive oil to clean it out?

Montanagirl said...

Rio and Josie look great together!

cdncowgirl said...

I'm not sure but these are a few things that popped into my mind that I'd try (probably after a bit of time on Google lol) -
Mineral oil, MTG, Fiskes or Vetericyn. Maybe on some cotton and then place that in the ear?
Any idea what's causing the crud?

aurora said...

That's a great photo of Rio. It's so cute that he has a little sister to play with!

I too would just rub a little crud off Beamers ear at a time, and let the natural process take care of it. Unless it's infected, I wouldn't goop stuff on there.

Kurious Kim said...

The tongue pictures always make me smile! I was also going to say mineral oil, but I think cdncowgirl's question is an important one....what is causing the crud? I think it would be wise to get to the root of the problem, or maybe Beamer is just like some people who get excessive build up of earwax ???

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh you have a lot of very wise horse people I am sure they can help you. Your camera works fantastic but then again you have the best subjects:) Hug B

aurora said...

I wanted to thank you for sharing your sunshine on blogger! You have an award on my blog, stop by & grab it if your into playing along.

Janice said...

Glad the mares are settling in, that must make you more comfortable.I don't know about the ear crud, I have no experience with that.Rio and Josie are cute having fun together:)

thecrazysheeplady said...

I'm not sure on the ear crud, but I'd be tempted to not put anything on/in there unless it really needed it.