A few sniffs... a few side steps.... and next thing you know, she's saddled and ready! (For the Christmas elf, maybe!)
So, after her first saddling, it was time for the first excursion off the property. Well, leading was getting a little boring for me, so I handed Shayla the lead rope and she taught Rio how to pony.
Josie wasn't too sure about it at first; I have never tied her up except in the horse trailer on her trip from Alberta the day I brought her home, and have only led her around from her pen to her turn out pasture.
Rio learned to pull for the first time. Shortly after I snapped this photo, Josie leaped ahead and Rio got a little worried, so I had Shayla drop Josie's lead rope and concentrate on settling Rio down. After that, we walked a bit and then tried again. Once again, Josie took a little exception to things and we had to regroup. But it wasn't long before they all got it sorted out.
I like to see the ponied horse facing the pony horse when they stop, and Josie did this naturally.
It was a good day and a good lesson! Thanks Shayla!






12 comments:
ha ha! Love the min saddle! That's one way to get them started! :) Rio looks like he is TALL! Judging by where Shayla's feet are! He looks good under saddle.
CDH, last time we measured he was 15.3hh. This from his 14.2 hh sire Beamer and 14.3hh mama Belle. Go figure.
That mini saddle is hilarious!
Hahahaha! Love the saddle!
Thanks for starting my day with a smile! I love the saddle!!
Ahahahaha, gotta love the saddle! I jumped to conclusions before I even saw the pictures, and I had to wonder why you were putting a saddle on her already... :) Sounds like sweet Josie is coming right along!
That is soooooooooo cute. That put a smile on my face. Where on earth did you come up with that saddle.
LOoks like a great lesson for both,that is something I need to work on , haven t had a good pony horse since Catana, Johnny should be fine at it , just never tried
LOL! So, do horses wear snowshoes???
New stuff! Good to keep their minds busy and have good outcomes. Your Josie is so pretty:)
Excellent lesson for both of them! Shes so fuzzy :)
Too cute!! Good job on the regrouping & overall.
Post a Comment