One of the Facebook pages I follow posts photos of the old time Quarter Horses, and they recently posted one of Mr. San Peppy, who is Beamer's Grandsire. Here he is:
I know I was surprised that little Josie was born a solid sorrel, but looking at this fellow, you can sure see the genetic resemblance.
Give her a few more years and she's going to be the spittin' image of her great granddaddy.
Also you can sure see where Beamer gets his pretty from.This is an older photo, but you can sure see the resemblance; a black version!



11 comments:
Fascinating! I love it.
I love that particular line of horses, but I also think that the line has improved since those days. Beamer is living proof of that. I think he is nicer horse than his Grand Daddy, and throws some of the most gorgeous foals I have ever seen.
Red goes back to Sak Em San, who was a full brother of Mr San Peppy. I'm a big fan of the classic working bloodlines, as I believe they produce the best soundness and temperament - just like your handsome boy!
Beautiful horses, all of them! I love quarter horses...don't have one, however, but I sure love looking at them!
~~Cheryl Ann~~
Amazing! Such beautiful animals. That last photo is my favorite!!
When you are breeding for quality then genetics always win. I have long drooled over your horses! My grandfather raised me on the Peppy, Doc Bar bred horses and I can not and do not want to get away from that. They are stunning animals.
Yes, very nice resemblance, both very good looking horses.
All very beautiful animals!
gorgeous in red and black!
Genetics are amazing...and definitely undeniable in your little herd!
Really good genetics..interesting to see the old photo:)
Post a Comment