Saturday, December 7, 2013

Sunday Stills

The first Sunday Stills post was pets,  I remember doing that one  5 years ago, so this is the beginning of the 6th year for SS.

This is my Reba, also known as the 12 o'clock dog. Technically she is a working dog, not a pet. I've been taking a bunch of photos of her lately because she is 12 years old now, although she really doesn't show it unless I'm out on a trail ride then she can't keep up. So I leave her at home now if I'm going any distance.
The explanation of the 12 o'clock thing is the natural border collie balance; it's their instinct to get on the other side of the herd from you, the 12 o'clock position, and then push the herd towards you. It's called balance, she naturally balances at 12 o'clock from whatever position I am in.

She sure is looking good for 12 years old.

In this next photo she is hustling to get around the two hooligans.

That's my Reba- always working!

11 comments:

The Dancing Donkey said...

She sure does look good!

Montanagirl said...

She's looking really good for her age!

Anonymous said...

Great shots, Reba does look great for 12, very active and alert. Nice job. Regular Guy

Dreaming said...

I am amazed that she is 12 - you could have fooled me! I find it fascinating how Border Collies want to collect critters, and Aussies want to drive them away. They are amazing animals.
Your pictures are great!

Lori Skoog said...

What a sweetheart. Great shots.

Becky said...

You really can't tell her age at all! She looks great, and is enjoying her work, just like she should.

I sure wish I could have found a trainer for my ACD when he was younger to get him working cattle. But no one in the area would take Cattle Dogs, they liked Aussies and BCs, not as stubborn! Haha!

Janice said...

She's looking good. Josie is growing. I can't believe you have no snow......yet!

Ed said...

Excellent shots and thanks for being one of the ORIGINAL contributors..:-))

Sheepmom said...

She looks wonderful. Goes to show that if you have a job you love it helps keep you young ;-)

CDH said...

Reba looks great for 12...She is a pretty dog. I am anxious for our new pups to start. We have heelers now. They are a little (ha ha) hard headed. These border collie/mcnabb should be awesome. Bandit my heeler does a great job herding also. Its the hard headedness that I want to get away from...

Far Side of Fifty said...

She is a beauty! :)