Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Airs above the ground- Rio style

We all know how Beamer loves to do his patented leap with all four feet off the ground.... well, Rio has his version!
You know how I'm always bragging about Rio's floaty trot? Well here's proof. I turned him out today and the footing was a little slippery because we just got an inch of snow on top of hard frozen ground, so this is how he went around the pen:





 He was floating every stride in that extended trot, snorting all the way! He really enjoyed his turn out.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Calm, Forward, Straight said...

Wow - you caught that perfect phase of the trot over and over. Well done! Rio is a lovely horse. :D

Unknown said...

Love those photos!

Dreaming said...

I love seeing horses who float! He is beautiful - I love the tongue!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

what a gorgeous mover!

Montanagirl said...

He's such a beautiful horse. I enjoy your horse photos, and I love the tongue action in the last photo.Makes me really miss my horse, Gypsy. Long gone now, but such a pleasure to ride.

Mrs. Mom said...

Awesome!!! Amazing shots and such a handsome subject :) Beamer really makes amazing babies- thanks for sharing them with us :)

Nikker said...

You did such a great job capturing his trot...it looks amazing.
The last two pictures are my favorites! Rio and his tongue just crack me up! (0:

Janice said...

Great photos. He certainly inherited his fathers love of the camera....too bad his sister didn't.

Mary Ann said...

My goodness, the last picture!

aurora said...

Rio is a pretty mover!