Saturday, September 6, 2014

Kai- day 16- aaaaand trot!

Well we have the saddling thing down pat now.
Today was get Ted to stand in the middle with the long lead line, and just be there for me in case of need. I wanted to get Kai trotting under saddle today, and by golly it went really well! I feel so comfortable on this horse. I really think Kai enjoys his time under saddle too, but I have to be careful how far I push him just yet. I want to keep everything positive. Todays session showed me what I have to work on- primarily, its Whoa. So tomorrow, I may go back to longeing and ground driving to get him to understand the concept of stopping his feet at the verbal command, body language and rein cues.


T'was a very good day! I'm still grinning!

4 comments:

Ed said...

Looking good..:-)

lisa said...

You should be still grinning. Great job!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Looking good!

Far Side of Fifty said...

He moves so effortlessly:)