I was struck by the similarities between daddy and sons.
The sun came out in strength today- of course that always means mud as the ground thaws, but I figured I'd take advantage and go for a little ride on Beamer, the dogs have been cooped up a lot lately too so they needed some exercise. I had to leave Reba at home which really ticked her off, but she isn't in shape to come along.
You can see the snow line about halfway down the mountain. Sure glad we aren't getting the weather they had in Buffalo! But I'm sure we will get our snow in due time. I want to ride as much as possible before winter hits hard.
Looking back towards the town- this is part of the farm I live on, and those are some of the landlord's cows.
When I got back, I was loathe to dismount, so I let Reba out of the kennel and rode around the yard so she wouldn't feel too left out, poor girl! I decided to do some schooling on Beamer- and boy did he get a pout on! What? Sidepass? Are you crazy, lady? The ride is over, we're back! Haha sorry Beamer but you have to work a little! Oh he was bad. Flat out refusing to sidepass. I worked him through it, but he was not too happy with me! Sheesh, a simple sidepass and he had to make an issue of it. Must be a union worker.
All the same, it was great to be back in the saddle on my boy,nothing beats the view between those little black ears.

10 comments:
They both are nice looking horses. You bet, it is a good thing you aren't getting what Buffalo is getting. I feel sorry for them, now they are going to have to worry about roof collapsing, and flooding. The bad part is we live south and east of all that flooding. You have a great time riding as much as you can. I am hoping to get a few more rides in myself before bad weather. WE are supposed to get a warm up today until Tuesday or Wednesday.
I've been out a couple of times. I was hoping to ride in the SNOW, but it was only rain, and it got quite slick as our snow on the ground melted into ice and mud. That Beamer is Just Gorgeous! you are forgiven for taking so many photos!
- The Equestrian Vagabond
The similarities are great! The pointed ears, eyes, jawline...gorgeous! Love love love your views.
We put borreum on our ponies shoes. Well just Leo and JR. I see they have borreum nails now...think we'll stick with borreum on heels and toes...good grip on the ice.
Cheri
Keep riding! :)
What a nice day for a ride! Always good to see Beamer and his handsome sons! Such beautiful landscapes there:)
Weather looks fantastic compared to what we have, glad you got out for a nice stroll on your Beamer boy to enjoy it (and him)! I see a lot of similarities between Beamer & his babies, especially Kai.
We all love your photos, click away!!
Amen to those little black ears!
Beamer is such a stud muffin - even if he was being sassy with you, what a goof! Love the traits between all three - such pretty heads.
I just found your blog and am loving the view you've got!
Hooray for a ride on Mr Handsome
Post a Comment