Boxing Day we went to visit Janice - and Carol, who was in town from Saskatchewan visiting family. They both have collies that are all my fault (grin). They each have a Reba daughter, littermates Sage and Jess, and they each have a Tess daughter- Janice's Kali from Tess's first litter and Carol's Pip from Tess's second litter. Here is a picture of the Matriarch Reba and her 3 daughters and 2 granddaughters- with a side of Amber thrown in!
After the family photo, it was play time.... 7 border collies and one golden lab (Tucker) all vying for the same ball.
Carol got their attention while I took photos....
Jess, in the lead, knew exactly where the ball was, while Pip ran interference for her!
It was tough to get all 7 in the same photo!
Tucker tried hard, but he was outnumbered! That is Reba in the foreground- pretty spry considering she had cancer surgery less then 3 weeks ago.
I was happy with Amber- this was her first "dog party" aka social outing. She did really well and actually listened to me. She will be a year old on January 9th.
For the most part, she stuck close to Tess. That is Pip, Tess's daughter in the back.
Isn't she a beauty!
It may have seemed like mayhem, but an order was discernable. Tess always got the ball, with Amber and Pip in hot pursuit. Amber would take the ball once Tess got it, and then drop it and one of the other dogs would grab it.
Meanwhile, Reba and Jess were guarding the jolly ball which Tucker considers to be his.
Kali (front left) was pretty sure that this was waaaaay too much activity and pretty much stayed out of the way of her crazy relatives.
It may have been mayhem, but it was a beautiful day, in a beautiful setting and shared with good friends and good dogs.

8 comments:
What pretty pups! I hope the humans had as much fun as the dogs.
I found it interesting that you called the lab "golden". In the States they are called "yellow labs", but golden sounds much prettier.
They do get called yellow labs here too, but I have always called them golden labs.
How amazing that they got along with all of that excitement. I'm not sure our dogs could handle it. But, they do sort emslves out pretty quickly.
You are wrong about a "beautiful" place... It is over the top gorgeous!
Perfect!
Amber was the only one I was worried about, she hasn't had a lot of social activity yet. The rest of them- all it takes is one word to get them to focus- that magic word. "ball"!
It was nice to see you guys and the dogs.
Poor Reba, how could she possibly stay at twelve o'clock with all that fun happening. HAA.
Looks like it was a beautiful crisp day.
Wonderful! What a fun day with beautiful dogs...I am way jealous:)
Post a Comment