Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The bucket list

Most of us have a little bucket list; things we set as goals - things that allow us to dream big once in a while. One of the things on my bucket list has been to ride in a Buck Brannaman clinic.
Well I finally bit the bullet and entered one! I've been saving up some money for a little while to do something special with, and when I saw on Facebook his clinic schedule, I jumped at the chance. The one closest in Libby Montana was full already- it's in July- but there was another one in July in Ellensburg Washington that still had some room, so I entered in the Horsemanship 1 class. Ellensburg is about a 5 hour drive from here, so it's very doable.
Here is a description of the Horsemanship 1 class:
   For the green horse and rider already comfortable in the snaffle bit along with aged horses needing continued work. This is the first stage of progressing into the bridle with all basic movements introduced. All levels of riders - no matter what discipline - will benefit. The class features strictly dry work - no cattle. All manoeuvres stress the vaquero style of riding and are appropriate for horses from first level snaffle to experienced bridle horses. Hackamore horses welcome.
I plan on riding Kai in the bosal this spring, so this should be a perfect fit for where we are at now. 
"Me? Yer takin' me?"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks excited . . . have a great New Years!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good for you! Happy New Year! :)

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh congratulations oh to bad about Montana I am pretty sure we know a 'feral' woman there who would have loved to meet you:) Oh you are going to have fun in Washington in July and Kia is going to have fun. Happy New Year. We are both jumping into the unknown. Check out on Friday Jan 2. The Globe and Mail in the Facts and Arguments oh yes that would be my story:) No pain no gain right:) 2015 is going to be fun. Hug B

thecrazysheeplady said...

VERY EXCITING!!!

lisa said...

Wonderful, Have a wonderful 2015. Happy New Year.

Nikker said...

I cannot wait to read about your experiences at this clinic!!!!!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Awesome! That is so exciting! hope you take paparazzi !

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Happy New Year!

Crystal said...

That would be fun, I hope I get in as well, but if not I am gonna keep my eyes open for the next year, Id really like to do the ranchroping ones