Pistol is asking Mesa for something, probably not to play, because he's pretty calm, maybe he wants to cuddle with her or mutual groom, but she says no, so he goes to Belle for contact. (Wait, do foals mutual groom?) I thought maybe he wanted to supplant her but it looks like she't not in a very desirable location.
9 comments:
Mesa gave Pistol what for, and he retreated, looking slightly sad.
Pistol is asking Mesa for something, probably not to play, because he's pretty calm, maybe he wants to cuddle with her or mutual groom, but she says no, so he goes to Belle for contact. (Wait, do foals mutual groom?) I thought maybe he wanted to supplant her but it looks like she't not in a very desirable location.
Looks like she is teaching him "the way of the Mare" :) and he went running back to Mama for comfort.
Pic 1:
"Can I hang with you?"
"No, You're too close."
Pic 2:
"But I like you and want to be your friend."
"I SAID: YOU ARE TOO CLOSE, BACK OFF!"
Pic 3:
"OK, I moved, now can we be friends?"
"Hrmph!"
Pic 4:
"Momma, I need some loves."
You are all close- Kate nearly nailed it.
#1: You're crowding me Pistol
#2: Back off!
#3: You asked for it...
#4: Mama mama she kicked me!
Cute series! I wouldn't have guessed right.
Mesa is not taking anymore of Pistols crap and wishes he would get weaned soon and move on out:)
Pistol learnin that even little "mares" can be cranky...ouch!
I'm going to guess Mesa schooled him on who is alpha and he ran to Mama for comfort and sympathy.
Post a Comment