Well we have been busy here! Ted finished the sliding barn door, next is for me to paint it.
The cats are using the opening on the right as their cat door. The bat house Ted put up above the door a while ago still doesn't have any residents, but I am hopeful that next year they will figure it out.
I finished trimming Beamer, he is lame right now, I am treating him for thrush and I think his arthritis is bothering him. Still have to do Rosalee's back feet but I should get that done today.
I saddled her up on Saturday and gave Mesa a ponying lesson. I started on the ground, dallying Mesa and leading Rosalee.
Once it looked like Rosalee was cool with that I stepped aboard.
Rosalee was quite patient, although she did pin her ears a couple of times when Mesa got right behind her, which I fixed by moving Rosalee's hip over so that Mesa was t'd up instead of behind. Kept the lesson short for the first time.
Then I went for a little ride and played with my mini obstacle course,
and then we headed over to the barn to check on Ted's progress.
It passed inspection.
I'm liking this mellow version of Rosalee, it is much like she was when I first bought her.
Day 33
4 comments:
Yeah for Mesa what a fast learner she is!! :)
Seems Mesa has a little mule in her!
Love how much you work with your young horses!! Rosalee was a good sport. She looks pretty chill in all the photos.
Busy times in your world! I love that the barn is shaping up so well
Post a Comment